Re: Changing tablespaces on IMP?

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 20:00:34 +0100

dean schreef:
> Is it possible to change the tablespaces of the tables during an
> import, from their original ones? Right now when we import a schema
> from our clients, to bring the data down to out test servers, we have
> to watch the error messages from the tablespace not existing, create
> the tablespaces, and then try again.
>
> Oracle 9.2i, 10g v 1 and 2. Windows, Sun, Linux.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dean

If the tables are pre-created an the_other_tablespace, no problem. If the user you import to does not have the right to create tablespaces, nor does that user have unlimited tablespace rights (which grant defaulted with the resource role since 8i), the tables will go into the users default tablespace.

I would precreate the tablespaces, though. A simple imp system/manager indexfile=showme.txt is enough to see all create tables statement and tablespaces.

This does *not* import any data - it just creates a file with create table, and create index statements. A remnant from the time indexes "should be imported separately" (V5) ?

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...