Re: Query Optimization

From: Roy <roy.ball_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 Feb 2007 15:03:48 -0800

We do not do non-billable, in-house improvements (matter of policy - yes, even for something as easy as adding an index). I'm a BA on a customer site who has lost his Oracle guru to the military. I don't have the immediate budget to grab a contractor so... I'm temporarily up the proverbial creek, sans paddle.

The goal here is to mine potential data for a new interface I'm designing. Now - what would a script look like that adds the indexes (or temp tables?), performs the query, and then drops the temporary elements?

-rgb