SQLSetConnectAttr error with Excel - converting to an older database?

From: S Davis <theseandavis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 Feb 2007 13:01:51 -0800

Hello,

Recently my place of work switched servers to a new product. I have a number of queries that would run from within Excel (MS Query), hit the database and return data

What's happened is that with the wipeout of the old database, I am stuck with a whole wack of useless queries and files. If I try and refresh the query, I get the error in the title. I initally knew this would be an issue and so we kept our database online as a backup for a month or so, and I converted everything over. You need to actually get into the query via MSQuery in order to view, edit, or change the query parameters, including the database location and DSN.

Is there any way that I can somehow force MSQuery to get into the query built and change the location and DSN of the database? The new database has all of the same data - just a new name, a couple digits off on the server address.

My thanks.
-S Received on Wed Feb 21 2007 - 15:01:51 CST