Re: Table-level replication

From: Tarby777 <tarbster_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 Feb 2007 06:08:29 -0800

Thanks Daniel and Uwe for your replies. I'll look into the things you suggested. One particular scenario is concerning me, and I'd be interested to hear how materialised views and streams would handle it:

Say an organisation has several installations of the application. We want to introduce component library replication into the organisation. The component libraries are currently unsync'd, but are likely to contain many components (part numbers) that are common to both, although the UIDs will be different. The UID is the primary key on the table, and can't be changed in the target DB, because data in other tables references the components by their UID. The replication process would have to identify components in the target DB by their part numbers rather than by their UIDs, and would have to be able to replicate certain columns in the component tables while leaving others untouched.

Can mat'd views and/or streams handle this scenario?

TIA
Tarby Received on Fri Feb 16 2007 - 08:08:29 CST