Re: howto connect as / with sqlplus

From: Rick Wessman <Rick.WessmanNO_SPAM_at_NoOrSaPcAlMe.com>
Date: 11 Feb 2007 08:33:27 -0800

In article <45CA32FB.1000103_at_gmail.com>, Maxim Demenko says...

>Rick Wessman schrieb:

>>> I don't think, the question was about "/ as sysdba".
>>> To OP:
>>> To connect with / you have possibilities
>>> 1) user identified globally (by means of LDAP) - no need to be on the
>>> server (connect string can be leaved if you set TWO_TASK/LOCAL variables)
>>> 2) user identified externally - should be locally on server
>>> 3) user identified externally as 'certificate DN' - no need to be local
>>> on server.
>>>
>>> You can look up some examples nicely explained by Fabrizio Magni:
>>> http://nextre.it/oracledocs/certificates01.html
>>> http://nextre.it/oracledocs/certificates02.html
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>>
>>> Maxim
>> Or you could use Oracle Advanced Security.
>>

>Rick, i'm a little confused - can "user identified globally" be used
>without to license Advanced Security?
>
>Best regards
>
>Maxim

I believe so, but I'm in engineering do I don't deal with licensing. Your Oracle sales rep will be able to tell you for sure.

                                                  Rick

--
                                Rick Wessman
                                Oracle Corporation