searching entire database

From: <seannakasone_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10 Feb 2007 00:40:16 -0800

How do I search the entire database for a value and return the tablenames and column names that contain this value? For argument sake, let's say I'm searching for the text "the quick brown fox".

I think someone posted this question before but it never got any responses--since it's been awhile, i thought i might post it again.

In case your wondering why I want to do this, I'm using a software package that stores all it's data in a database. It shows me the data, but I have no idea what tables and column names contain these values so it's hard to change the data through sql scripting.

thanks a lot,
Sean. Received on Sat Feb 10 2007 - 02:40:16 CST