Trouble with UTL_DBWS / SOAPACTION_URI

From: J Englert <jason.englert_at_paetec.com>
Date: 9 Feb 2007 11:34:44 -0800

Hi all,

I'm trying to create some code which consumes a web service through the use of UTL_DBWS, but I keep getting this error:

ORA-29532: Java call terminated by uncaught Java exception: javax.xml.rpc.soap.SOAPFaultException: ARERR [9331] No operation named Envelope exists in web service AST_CDROMDrive.

Apaprently what is happening is that utl_dbws.invoke is interpreting the input xml file such that it thinks the SOAP envelope is a procedure in the web service. I am attempting to set the SOAPACTION_URI property through use of the utl_dbws.set_property so that the correct web service procedure is executed. Problem is, I can't seem to figure out just what I should set the SOAP Action URI to. This is my call to set property:

sys.UTL_DBWS.SET_PROPERTY(

    l_call,
    'SOAPACTION_URI',
    ?WHAT GOES HERE?); and this is the operation I am trying to execute as defined in the WSDL:

Finally, here is the xml document I am passing to the web service as input (I need to use a document-literal web service rather than RPC):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

xmlns:s0="urn:HPD_Help_Desk">

  <soap:Header>
    <s0:AuthenticationInfo>
<s0:userName>*USERNAME*</s0:userName>
<s0:password>*PASSWORD*</s0:password>
<s0:authentication>arsystem</s0:authentication>
    </s0:AuthenticationInfo>
  </soap:Header>
  <soap:Body>
    <s0:OpGetList>
<s0:Qualification/>
<s0:startRecord/>
<s0:maxLimit/>

    </s0:OpGetList>
  </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

I have verified that this xml file works with the web service using third-party software, so I know that is not the problem. What am I missing? How can I make Oracle realize that the SOAP envelope isn't part of the web service? Or am I completely off-base in my evaluation of the problem?

Thanks,
Jason Received on Fri Feb 09 2007 - 13:34:44 CST