Re: View Any Procedure

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 10:30:05 -0800

celvart_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> We have a new corporate security mandate that does not allow us to
> grant ALTER ANY PROCEDURE to our developers.
>
> I agree that this should be a function of the DBA, but I have a
> problem in that the developers need to be able to look at the source
> code in order to diagnose problems.
>
> Is there any way to let the developers view source code without being
> able to modify it?

dbms_metadata.get_ddl

documented at http://tahiti.oracle.com
demos at www.psoug.org in Morgan's Library

No one should be using ALTER to extract source code. Going back into the Neolithic period it would still have been preferable to to go to user_source or source$.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington