Re: sysdba role in script

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 08:33:22 -0800

bofh1234_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> To recap:
>
> This is the script:
> connect sys as sysdba
> create tablespace test datafile '/u03/oradata/prod/test01.dbf size
> 200M;
> create user harry identified by password default tablespace test
> temporary tablespace temp quota 24M on test;
> grant connect, resource, sysdba to harry;

I truly hope this is your home computer on which you've installed Oracle as the above script is horrifying by almost any measure.

Why are you granting connect? What do you think that accomplishes? Why are you granting resource?
Why are you mistakenly granting SYSDBA in place of DBA and why would you grant Harry DBA had you gotten it right in the first place?

Really, truly, horrifying. Instead do this:

grant create session to harry;
grant create tablespace to harry;

Don't grant privileges that are unnecessary and dangerous.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington