Re: What authentication methods are available?

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 21:09:28 +0100

Ramon F Herrera schreef:
> I have a whole bunch of OCI programs and SQL scripts that contain
> lines like this:
>
> void
> loginandopen(OCIEnv *envhp, OCIError *errhp, OCISvcCtx **svchp)
> {
> text *username = (text *) "scott";
> text *password = (text *) "tiger";
> text *svidname;
>
> This is obviously not the most secure approach.
>
> What security/authentication alternatives does Oracle offer? Any
> suggestion or links are most welcome.
>
> TIA,
>
> -Ramon

See
http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/statements_8003.htm#i2065278 especially IDENTIFIED EXTERNALLY and IDENTIFIED GLOBALLY.

I blogged on using certificates, ultimately allowing the client to start a sqlplus session using 'connect /'.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...