Re: Job history?

From: jobs <jobs_at_webdos.com>
Date: 6 Feb 2007 06:01:57 -0800

> Daniel A. Morgan

> It thinks there is a DBA, or other form of intelligence, paying
> attention. Stop it by either writing an error handler that fixes the
> problem, best practice, or stop it by disabling the job.
> --

We are trying to build an automated scheduler that will respond in real-time.

The SPs have dbms_output because they are all called from shell scripts - that will be changed. We are trying to run schedule them from an intranet web page and somehow track them in real time- and I am able to run them just fine, but now need to do error handling

Two questinos.

  1. If I have an SP that is calling another SP and the second SP fails, the first continues through with no problem apparently. What's the best way to trap errors from the second in a way that the call SP can handle and log the error?
  2. If we use job_submit to run an SP as a job, Is there any way to test from the called SP what job number it's running under (I don't want to trust that the last run in all_jobs with the same name is the same instance).

Thanks again. Received on Tue Feb 06 2007 - 08:01:57 CST