Trigger calling commit, where no commit is specified.

From: dean <deanbrown3d_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 31 Jan 2007 13:12:00 -0800

The following procedure enables a trigger:

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE
    "UP_JAN24"."ENABLE_TRIGGER_NO_COMMIT"     (trigger_name in varchar2, program_name in varchar2,     process_id in number)
as
begin
declare
err_msg varchar2(200);
begin
execute immediate 'ALTER TRIGGER '||trigger_name||' ENABLE'; insert into status_log values (sysdate, user, program_name,process_id,'ETRIG','ETRIG Procedure enabled trigger: ' || trigger_name,0);
exception
when others then
err_msg := substr(sqlerrm, 1, 200);
insert into status_log values (sysdate, user, program_name,process_id,'ETRIGERR','ETRIG Procedure Error: '||err_msg, 0);
end;
end;

Now, I am finding that simply by calling this procedure, that any changes I have made through the same application are committed. Is this right? I assumed that any changes would be part of the main transaction. I have checked that the table 'status_log' has no triggers on itself causing the commit.

9.2i Windows, ADO interface. Received on Wed Jan 31 2007 - 15:12:00 CST