Re: regarding fundamendatals of dbms

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 09:03:26 -0800

lavender wrote:
> Hi iam eswar a student from electronics stream. Iam given a project of
> patient management system in ahospital as a project in my
> curriculam.right now I dont know A B C s of data bases ..
> I know c,html,php,javascript...Where could I get the complete
> information regarding how to maintain a data base....This projeect
> mainly deals with data bases of medical images,patient information
> etc...could any one help pls...

There are plenty of people with 10+ years of experience with a single database that will readily acknowledge that they know less than half of what they wish they knew. I count myself a member of that group. Find someone with expertise and develop a reasonable set of expectations of what you can, and can not, learn so as to focus on what is important for your project.

Robert Klemme recommended Tahiti and I agree. But add to that http://otn.oracle.com
http://asktom.oracle.com (after you've read concepts docs) and google.

--
Daniel A. Morgan