import terminology

From: Fred Pierce <lists_at_avialantic.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 15:30:15 -0500

Would some of you be so kind as to comment on the veracity or lack thereof of the following definition for a "data only" import?

"a data-only import would be a refreshment of tables - and consequentally their indexes, views and triggers. Packages, procedures and functions aren't supposed to be modified."

Oh - and the definition quoted also apparently includes dropping the tables, though it's not stated.

I'm intentionally leaving out any background or context since I just want your reaction to the statement as it stands.

Thanks,

Fred Pierce ("this is not my quote" Well, that is, but not the one I'm asking to be evaluated. By "that", I mean the "this is not my quote" part. By "part" I am referring to this message. ) I really hope I won't be misunderstood.

Fred Pierce - DNRC - avialantic.com Received on Fri Jan 26 2007 - 14:30:15 CST