Re: error: PLS-00201: identifier 'UPDATEXML' must be declared

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_arcor.de>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 16:06:50 +0100

Gertjan schrieb:

> Hi Maxim,
>
> My version is 10g, but the script i write should work on 9i as well, so
> i want to restrict myself to solutions that are documented for 9i (R2).

>>From what i read in the newsgroups I presume the problem is somehow
> related to priviliges, but i can't reallt figure out how...
>
> Gertjan
>
> On 26 jan, 14:09, Maxim Demenko <mdeme..._at_arcor.de> wrote:

>> Gertjan schrieb:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> Maybe i should formulate more carefully. I DID find articles on
>>> PLS-00201. What i did NOT find was a solution to my problem. What I'm
>>> trying to do is to develop a function that can be used to update some
>>> values in a XMLdocument that is stored in a clob field. I have no
>>> further exprience with PL/SQL but after some browser in the manuals i
>>> thought updateXML should do the job. The function i included was an
>>> experiment to see how this would work but the i ran into the PLS-00201
>>> problem... Is it caused by missing priviliges and if so, what do i need
>>> to change or is there another way to update the XMLdocument for which i
>>> would not need to modify priviliges.
>>> Thanks for helpingThis function was new introduced in Oracle 9i R2. And your Oracle
>> version is?
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Maxim

I don't think, it depends on privileges. Here a testcase with minimum privileges where i can't reproduce your issue. You should better check (or consult your dba) , whether xml support is installed properly and whether all objects on your database are in valid state.

SQL> select * from v$version;

BANNER

Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.6.0 - Production PL/SQL Release 9.2.0.6.0 - Production
CORE 9.2.0.6.0 Production
TNS for Linux: Version 9.2.0.6.0 - Production NLSRTL Version 9.2.0.6.0 - Production

SQL> create user test_xml identified by test_xml default tablespace users;

User created.

SQL> alter user test_xml quota 1m on users;

User altered.

SQL> grant create session,create table to test_xml;

Grant succeeded.

SQL> connect test_xml/test_xml
Connected.
SQL> create table txml(id number,xml_col xmltype);

Table created.

SQL> insert into txml values(1,xmltype('<row>Scott</row>'));

1 row created.

SQL> select * from txml;

         ID XML_COL

          1 <row>Scott</row>

SQL> update txml set xml_col = updatexml(xml_col,'/row/text()','King') where id=1;

1 row updated.

SQL> select * from txml;

         ID XML_COL

          1 <row>King</row>

Best regards

Maxim Received on Fri Jan 26 2007 - 09:06:50 CST