Re: loading raw datatype with sql loader

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: 24 Jan 2007 06:44:37 -0800

On Jan 24, 3:56 pm, v.so..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi
> how to load hexadecimal data into raw(16) column in table using sql
> loader.

Define the input as CHAR(32), like this:

load data
infile whatever
into table mytable
(
my_raw_field CHAR(32)
)

Oracle will automatically convert hexadecimal representation to RAW. You can also use HEXTORAW() function explicitly in control file:

my_raw_field CHAR(32) "HEXTORAW(:my_raw_field)"

Hth,

    Vladimir M. Zakharychev
    N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)     http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Wed Jan 24 2007 - 08:44:37 CST