Re: 10.1 / 10.2: different trigger behaviour

From: Tarby777 <tarbster_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 24 Jan 2007 06:10:13 -0800

On 22 Jan, 17:22, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:

>The error message says it all. This has nothing to do with a trigger.

> You are attempting to put records into a table that has a referential
> constraint protecting it from bad data owned by the CHS schema and
> named LIBRARY_CONNECTOR_FK. The value you are trying to insert, or
> update to, is not present in the parent table.

Actually, it has everything to do with the trigger. I have solved this problem now, and I was able to prove that Oracle is interpreting the trigger code differently in 10gR2. A record that should always be created by the trigger (the librarypincontainer record) is NEVER created when I run on 10gR2.

Thanks anyway,
Tarby Received on Wed Jan 24 2007 - 08:10:13 CST