Duplicate Ids

From: <mnafehm_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 Jan 2007 16:25:03 -0800

How do I update a dup ID with a suffix "_sm"

For example I have data that's coming from three different sources

1. ABC
2. DEF
3. XYZ

The first data file have jsmith and so does the other two.......after checking for my dups I want to prefix them in a priority order, by which I mean I want any user that has DEF as a source be as is and XYZ to be changed next and then ABC

How do I go about changing jsmith to jsmith_sm for XYZ and then jsmith_sm2 for ABC

Working in oracle 8i Received on Tue Jan 23 2007 - 18:25:03 CST