Re: hiding password in configuration file

From: John K. Hinsdale <hin_at_alma.com>
Date: 23 Jan 2007 15:16:51 -0800

On Jan 23, 2:03 pm, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bor..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Mark Harrison schreef:
> > MarkGo all the way: externally identified users with certificates
> to hold the user information!
> Single Sign On, Oracle Certificate Authority, secured TCP - it's
> all there. And I've been struggling to get it to work, but it does!

what about simple OS authentication as described in http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/misc/OsAuthentication.php

Then you just delegate the authentication to the OS account for the app. Depending on your setup, including whether or not you have a specfic OS-level account for the app (or can even create OS accounts) this may be easier or harder. Received on Tue Jan 23 2007 - 17:16:51 CST