changing the isolation level

From: Marten Lehmann <lehmannmapson_at_cnm.de>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 22:23:11 +0100

Hello,

I have an upcoming migration from Sybase to Oracle and a problem I ran into is the different isolation level for transactions.

We have several applications here where one application is creating or changing entries and then another application is performing some tests on these changed data. The changes or creations are not commited until the tests have been successfully. With Sybase, the testing application could see the new and changed records, but with Oracle, it cannot see them. How can I change the isolation level in Oracle for this application? Or do I have so set it for the whole Oracle server?

Regards
Marten Received on Sat Jan 13 2007 - 15:23:11 CST