Re: .NET stored procedures

From: Ana C. Dent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 16:40:16 GMT

"Victor Rosenberg" <Victor.Rosenberg_at_gmail.com> wrote in news:1168690464.083355.9700_at_38g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Hey guys
> Just a couple of questions
> 1) How bad are the .net stored procedures in terms of performance,
> compared to pl sql ones

What is the world is a .net stored procedure? In what is a .net procedure stored & where does it execute? I supect the .NET procedure is run on the Application server.

Oracle Stored Procedures are stored in the database & execute there. If dealing with large results sets staying within the DB will give fastest results.

> 2) Does oracle servers installed on unix machine support the .net sp
> feature? (probably not, just ensuring)
Code is code. *NIX does not care who/how code gets invoked. Received on Sat Jan 13 2007 - 10:40:16 CST