different schemas, same instance, same report

From: <kimberly.shaffer_at_gmail.com>
Date: 11 Jan 2007 11:10:41 -0800

I am trying to figure out what or how to ask one of our system dbas the following:

Say that we have three different schemas in one instance test_at_test1
dev_at_test1
qa_at_test1

I want to run the same sql query against each schema, but my only options as of now are to
1) Either log in directly as the user (which I don't want my clients to do)
2) Log in and change the schema name prefaces in the report, i.e. select * from test.tablename or select * from dev.tablename.

>From you experts, what are my simplest options? Is it possible to have
a readonly user granted select privileges on all tables where the same sql query can be used depending on the login?

Thanks so much. Received on Thu Jan 11 2007 - 13:10:41 CST