Re: Problem with functions getting invalidated

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 11 Jan 2007 09:39:14 -0800

On Jan 11, 6:12 am, "Raghav" <sharma.raghven..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have three databases...
>
> A, B, C
>
> A has two schema a1 and a2.
>
> a1 is my test environment and has synonyms to B (using db links)
>
> a2 is my dev environment and has synonyms to C (using db links)
>
> the problem that i am facing is...
>
> when i compile function f1 in a1 it compiles fine, but the function in
> f2 becomes invalid. The same is true vice versa. i.e. I compile f1 in
> a2 and its fine, but f1 in a1 becomes invalid.
>
> since there are no errors at the time of compilation, your suggestions
> cannot really be THE solution to situation. What I look for is, for
> what reason the other schema's f1 gets invalidated. I believe the
> oracle metadata stores that kind of info.
>
> Looking forward to your responses...
>
> regards
> raghav..

Oracle does not trace object dependencies accross databases.

See the value of the database parameter: remote_dependencies_mode. If set to timestamp then if the local object is compiled the remote object needs to be recompiled. If the local function references the remote function then you have a circular dependency. I suggest you considering setting the parameter remote_dependencies_mode to signature if it is set to timestamp.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Jan 11 2007 - 11:39:14 CST