Re: Stored Procs Returning Multiple Rows

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 7 Jan 2007 11:22:35 -0800

Ana C. Dent wrote:
> jay2dedios_at_hotmail.com wrote in news:1168118563.751657.188750
> @s80g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>
> > Hi,
> > I'm interested in using stored procedures to return multiple rows in my
>
> Returning multiple rows to who/what?
>
> Please provide working PL/SQL example what you are talking about.

Google replied with a posting error so this may be a duplicate.

Jay2ded, Connor Macdonald ad Scott Urman have both witten books on using PL/SQL that have gotten decent reviews that you may find of interest.

The only way to return row sets back from pl/sql, either anonymous blocks or stored procedures, is to return either a reference cursor or a collection type such as a PL/SQL table (array).

You can find information about these in the PL/SQL Users Guide and Reference manaul for your release of Oracle. You should read the manual before you buy a book on using PL/SQL.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Sun Jan 07 2007 - 13:22:35 CST