Help in getting the first 4 max values

From: Sandy80 <svarshneymail_at_gmail.com>
Date: 4 Jan 2007 02:03:47 -0800

Hi,

I need help regarding writing an sql query for getting the first 4 max values in the following scenario.
I have a table which has a data like this:

Row No.               Id              Date               Value
1                          1            1/1/2001             15
2                          1            1/2/2002             16
3                          1            1/3/2003             17
4                          1            1/4/2004             18
5                          1            1/5/2005             19
6                          2            1/6/2006             20

Now what I need are the records with the last 4 date values. That is I need the values in the column "Date" and the values in the column "value" for the last 4 dates for the Id=1 and similarly for Id=2 and so on. So in other words I would need the Date and Value records for row no. 2,3,4 and 5.
Can anyone help me in writing a query for extracting this data. Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Sandy Received on Thu Jan 04 2007 - 04:03:47 CST