About LONG data type: How to read LONG fileds when link two same tables?

From: kiluyar <kiluyar_at_gmail.com>
Date: 18 Dec 2006 23:39:56 -0800

Hi, all
I'm developping an application. I have a table which has a "LONG" column. I need to run such sql by OCI:

SELECT "TEST_LONG"."CONTENT", "TEST_LONG_1"."CONTENT"

FROM "GUEST"."TEST_LONG" "TEST_LONG" INNER
JOIN "GUEST"."TEST_LONG" "TEST_LONG_1"
ON "TEST_LONG"."ID"="TEST_LONG_1"."ID"

The TEST_LONG_1 is an alias of TEST_LONG. The CONTENT is a "LONG" datatype column.
However, after executed the sql, I found that when reading rowset, the data returned is not correct.

For example, the TEST_LONG has such data: ID CONTENT
1 A
2 B

I get such result after execute:
CONTENT CONTENT
A B

It seems after I read out "A" for first column of rowset, I can not read "A" again. The first read of second column return "B" directly. I don't know how to process this case. The problem is very urgent ! Would you like to give some advises? Thank you! Thank you very much! Received on Tue Dec 19 2006 - 01:39:56 CST