Procobol error.. please help

From: attraxion <attraxion_at_gmail.com>
Date: 17 Dec 2006 22:24:58 -0800

Hi All,

I'm a newbie. I am trying to create a program to extract some entries from tables and load some others, using Pro*COBOL. The overall thing seems to be all right, but on compiling I am getting a strange one I never encountered before -

PCB-S-00400, Encountered the symbol "<end-of-source>" when expecting one of the following:

   + - * / . & id string integer floating-point literal EXTERNAL    GLOBAL REFERENCE PICTURE USAGE BINARY COMP COMPUTATIONAL    COMPUTATIONAL-4 ........ etc etc

I STFWed but there is no description of this error anywhere on google. The error occurs at a place where I try to include a file containing valid values in my program. The excerpt from the list file is as follows -

   132         01  SW00-FILE-I-STATUS  SYNC                  PIC X(2)
   133  *----------------------------------------------------
   134 * COPY 'filestatus.va'
   135  *----------------------------------------------------
   136                         88 FS-FILE-STATUS-OK
Error at line 137, column 29 in file extract_art_image.pco
   137                 VALUE IS "00".
   137  ............................1

   137 PCB-S-00400, Encountered the symbol "<end-of-source>" when expecting one of the following:

           + - * / . & id string integer floating-point literal EXTERNAL

           GLOBAL REFERENCE PICTURE USAGE BINARY COMP COMPUTATIONAL
           COMPUTATIONAL-4 COMP-1 COMP-2 COMP-3 COMP-4 COMP-5 COMP-X
           INDEX PACKED-DECIMAL DISPLAY POINTER DISPLAY-1 REDEFINES
           PROCEDURE-POINTER OCCURS SIGN LEADING TRAILING SYNCHRONIZED
           JUSTIFIED BLANK VALUE VARYING THROUGH NEXT START LENGTH AND
           ALL OR

   138            88 FS-CREATED-DUPLICATE-ALT-KEY
   139                 VALUE IS "02".
   140            88 FS-RECORD-NOT-SIZE-OF-BUFFER
   141                 VALUE IS "04".
   142            88 FS-OPTIONAL-FILE-NOT-PRESENT
   143                 VALUE IS "05".

Can anyone give me some pointers on why this is happening? The valid values file is working okay with other programs.

Thanks a lot in anticipation,
Best,
Attraxion. Received on Mon Dec 18 2006 - 00:24:58 CST