How to change field size using SQL against an oracle Database

From: BookerT <chipw_at_ascac.org>
Date: 14 Dec 2006 16:41:53 -0800

I open up Oracle SQL*Plus and i want to change the field size for one of my columns in one of my databases. I have a generic SQL book, but when I try some of the commands, they don't seem to work in SQL*PLUS

How can I perform this procedure on a table called INQUIRIES within my database. I want to change the field size from 10 , to say , 60

I even wanted to jus ttry the EXPLAIN command to view the table, but when I type EXPLAIN INQUIRIES, i get a missing keyword error.

Thanks Received on Thu Dec 14 2006 - 18:41:53 CST