Re: Oracle Portal: HTML headers and footers

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 12 Dec 2006 15:40:09 -0800

Lord0 wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Forgive my bad use of terminology I've never used Oracle Portal
> before.......
>
> I've inherited a Java web app that runs via Oracle portal. It appears
> as if the Oracle Portal inserts HTML headers and footers to the page -
> I know for sure *my* Java code doesn't generate these. I need to change
> these HTML headers and footers that are *generated* by the portal. How
> do I do this? BTW Oracle 9iAS.
>
> Cheers
>
> Lord0

Start at
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/ias/portal/index.html Click on documentation, then on getting started.

Somewhere's in there be the thing you want to modify, but it's been too long for me to remember what it is called. But if you go through the demo, IIRC you should hit on it or get the clue. It's some type of form among a series of forms that establish all the parameters of what you see in a portal, and you get there by finding the form that lists all the portals available. IIRC the steps are explained in the formal portal docs, too (and you'll only get support from Oracle after you've gone through those). Be careful and learn how to back things up, too, 9iAS can be a bit, um, fragile (the backup procedures are a bit different than what Oracle server DBA's are used to, so watch out for conflicting advice).

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.tommabe.com/