Re: nls_sort=binary_ci

From: Laurenz Albe <invite_at_spam.to.invalid>
Date: 11 Dec 2006 12:37:58 GMT

janu <angani_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I set my system setting to BINARY_CI
>
> sql>alter system set nls_sort=binary_ci scope=both;
>
> My question is ,why there is difference between database_properties and
> V$parameter.

Sorry for my previous reply, I did not understand what your problem was.

It is indeed strange that the view DATABASE_PROPERTIES and its underlying table SYS.PROPS$ does not reflect the change of NLS_SORT.

Maybe it is a bug in Oracle.
You should open a service request if you want to find out.

By the way, the command you give to change the database parameter NLS_SORT is not correct. I get the error:

ORA-02096: specified initialization parameter is not modifiable with this option

You can only modify it in the spfile.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe Received on Mon Dec 11 2006 - 06:37:58 CST