NOLOGGING clause

From: dean <deanbrown3d_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 Dec 2006 06:47:40 -0800

What's the NOLOGGING clause for when creating tables? Some of our tables (particularly intermediate and output set tables) have been created with the NOLOGGING clause, which I assume means that in the case of a system failure (crash), these tables won't be recoverable. This is acceptable, since the process would be restarted anyway once oracle was restarted. On the plus side, I assume inserts and updates are faster. Is this generally a good idea and something that people would recommend in general?

Thanks

Dean Received on Fri Dec 08 2006 - 08:47:40 CST