Re: Connect to Oracle with TOAD , error!

From: jains_p <ginesp_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 Nov 2006 03:05:12 -0800

Hello,

I've solved the problem, but I still have some doubts:

In the oracle installation directory I have this 3 directories

L:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db

L:\oracle\product\10.2.0\client_1

L:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1

BUT the db directory hadn't the ADMIN directory (with tnsnames.ora sqlnet.ora files) I have copied this files from the others directories and now TOAD can connect.

Doubts:
-In TOAD interface, in the dropdown list I selected either client_1 or db_1 (that had the right configuration files *.ora) but it didn`t work -Why have I the db directory? It remains from a previous installation? Can I remove it? Are all necessary?

Thanks for your previous answer.

Gines

Galen Boyer ha escrito: