Connection to Oracle Sales Analyser OLAP Cube

From: The Frog <andrew.hogendijk_at_eu.effem.com>
Date: 24 Nov 2006 02:29:22 -0800

Hi Everybody,

I would like to know if it is possible to connect to an Oracle Sales Analyser OLAP cube by using either an ODBC type connection or OLEDB with the Oracle.OraOLEDB provider. The reason for this is that my company buys data from another company, and it comes in OLAP format. The structure of the data is so hard for users to work with that it takes them weeks just to learn small sections of the cube to be able to do even simple queries and get accurate information. I really want to fix this by effectively "dumping" the cube data and then building a much simpler cube for our users. Unfortunately the supplier of the data is unwilling to do this for us.

Cheers

The Frog Received on Fri Nov 24 2006 - 04:29:22 CST