Re: SQLPlus, SQLPlusW crash after login

From: Xavier J <xavierj_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Nov 2006 11:23:48 -0800

The other two machines are client-only. I can't figure out, for the life of me, why this one is behaving badly.

I did a little research since my last post, and found something on adding ORACLE_SID to the registry.

I added a registry string value at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE, called ORACLE_SID. Now SQLPlusw doesn't crash, and will actually connect to the servicename stored in ORACLE_SID, but still crashes if I try any other service name. I will actually be using this box to connect to various service names, so I'm still wondering what the heck is going on -- there is no ORACLE_SID entry on my other two boxes, and they don't have this issue!