Re: Get Data from SqlServer via HTTP

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: 20 Nov 2006 17:40:36 -0800

klabu wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > That'll should work assuming the result set in question is reacheable
> > via HTTP (i.e.,exposed as a Web component). Fwiw, I have described in
> > my book a working example of how to get data from SqlServer using JDBC
> > from within the Oracle database; the JDBC calls can be wrapped for use
> > by SQL or PL/SQL. There also is a more standard (than UTL_HHTP) use of
> > HTTP callout example in the book.
> >
> > Kuassi
> > http://db360.blogspot.com/2006/08/oracle-database-programming-using-java_01.html
>

> thanks Kuassi
> quick q...what needs to be done on the MSSS/Win side ? any thing to install
> ?
>
> thanks
> rob

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.oracle.misc/browse_frm/thread/ce3985999f56c9d6/186d09ea7b89a37d

You can eliminate the batch stuff (I think it was you to whom I responded on this in the link above last week), but the logic should hold. You'll need to load the SQL Server JDBC classes into the Oracle database (http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/ref/jdbc/), but it's really straightforward. No additional configuration is necessary on SQL Server.

HTH, Steve Received on Mon Nov 20 2006 - 19:40:36 CST