Re: Get Data from SqlServer via HTTP

From: <kuassi.mensah_at_gmail.com>
Date: 20 Nov 2006 13:47:19 -0800

Hi,

That'll should work assuming the result set in question is reacheable via HTTP (i.e.,exposed as a Web component). Fwiw, I have described in my book a working example of how to get data from SqlServer using JDBC from within the Oracle database; the JDBC calls can be wrapped for use by SQL or PL/SQL. There also is a more standard (than UTL_HHTP) use of HTTP callout example in the book.

Kuassi
http://db360.blogspot.com/2006/08/oracle-database-programming-using-java_01.html