Complicated query: searching for results within results.

From: phreaker <ph_reaker_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Nov 2006 18:29:18 -0800

Hi, I have a query that I need to do that I've been thinking about, and I am stuck at this point.

Table 1 has columns A, B, and C

For a given A, I need to figure out whether there exists <B,C> pairs that have the same B, but different C. For a given A, there are a potentially many Bs and many Cs.

So for a given A, if there are these results in the table:

B                                 C
1                                  5
1                                  100
2                                  4
2                                  4

I need to return true, since <1,5> and <1,100> have same B, but different C.

Thanks!
David Received on Fri Nov 17 2006 - 20:29:18 CST