From: Chrean <nouvelle.gabriel_at_gmail.com>
Date: 14 Nov 2006 09:22:10 -0800

Hello folks,
I'd need to do exactly what I wrote in subject. Starting from a set of txt files, each containing data to be loaded in my oracle db's tables, I have to write a script that loops on each file and load it into the db.
I tried with sqlldr, but it requires that I specify every column name. I don't want to do that, 'cause my routine will always find a match between db columns and datafiles fields.

Correct syntax is:

load data
infile 'example.dat' "fix 11"
into table example
fields terminated by ',' optionally enclosed by '"' (col1, col2)

while I'd want something like this:

load data
infile 'example.dat' "fix 11"
into table example
fields terminated by ',' optionally enclosed by '"'

'cause I already know my table will have 2 columns (and my datafile will always have 2 fields, of course), not necessarily named "col1", "col2".

Thanks in advance,
Chrean Received on Tue Nov 14 2006 - 11:22:10 CST