APEX in Oracle XE stopped working

From: Martin <martin.j.evans_at_gmail.com>
Date: 14 Nov 2006 03:54:34 -0800

We are running Oracle XE on Linux for prototyping a project and have been using the rather useful web based apex utility for minor administration and reporting jobs. It now seems to be broken and I cannot work out why.

Usually we tap in the url http://machine.domain:8080/apex and the web interface starts but now we get

Not found
The requested URL /apex/apex was not found on this server

Note the /apex/apex (which I did not type in).

When I run lsnrctl info I can see the web based service is listening:

(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=machine.domain)(PORT=8080))(Presentation=HTTP)(Session=RAW))

and a netstat -a also shows something is listening on port 8080.

When I tap the url into a browser and watch the listener.log file I see:

14-NOV-2006 11:52:50 * http *
(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=192.168.0.39)(PORT=51594)) * handoff *
http * 0

Any ideas what is wrong?

Martin Received on Tue Nov 14 2006 - 05:54:34 CST