Re: Survey...Please help and respond!!

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 12 Nov 2006 07:39:53 -0800

Mladen Gogala wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 06:32:21 -0800, hpuxrac wrote:
>
> > As I understand it Red Hat rolls out more current items into Fedora to
> > get them out quickly to people.
> >
> > In contrast to the stable releases under the Red Hat name.
> >
> > If you want oracle to work under linux probably stay away from Fedora
> > or don't expect people to be real worried about the complaints you do
> > experience with oracle on Fedoa because they are self inflicted.
>
> Breaking compatibility with the previous releases is an idiotic thing to
> do, no matter how you spin it.

When new things become available in the kernel, or in the c routines and supporting os libraries, that can affect compatibility.

All of this is documented quite explicity in terms of Fedora.

I am not trying to spin anything here just pointing out that it doesn't make a lot of sense to complain about what items that are already widely known.

The highway is for gamblers, better use your sense. Take what you have gathered from coincidence. The empty-handed painter from your streets Is drawing crazy patterns on your sheets. This sky, too, is folding under you
And it's all over now, Baby Blue. Received on Sun Nov 12 2006 - 09:39:53 CST