Re: Oracle Snapshot

From: enigma <mabounajm_at_gmail.com>
Date: 9 Nov 2006 01:36:31 -0800

So after being able to create a 'working' snapshot, i became curious to know more about commit.

Why is it that when i insert into the master table, I can see my results (before doing the commit), but the snapshot can't.. Put in another way, why is the date available to my session before it is available to everyone?

just for convenience? so that i see what my statements produce? or is there another technical reason i'm unaware of?

Thanks again!

Mazen