Trailing spaces trimmed by default?

From: Tarby777 <nick_williamson_at_mentorg.com>
Date: 6 Nov 2006 01:13:04 -0800

Hi all,

When doing either of these operations in 9i:

create table x as (select * from y);

insert into x(a,b,c) (select a,b,c from y);

...does Oracle trim trailing spaces from varchar2 columns by default and if so, can it be over-ridden? I'm losing some trailing spaces from my data during an upgrade and I suspect that one of these operations is causing it but I've not been able to reproduce the problem in tests...

TIA
Tarby Received on Mon Nov 06 2006 - 03:13:04 CST