Re: MISSING datafiles

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 02:11:47 +0100

Michel Cadot schreef:
> "Ana C. Dent" <anacedent_at_hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news: Xns9870D0BD15D55anacedenthotmailcom_at_69.28.173.186...
> | V10.2.0.2 Linux
> | Long story to which I'll spare everyone the details.
> | Database is open, but reports 40 or so missing files.
> | How do I convince Oracle to forget it ever knew about these files?
> | I am will to forgo data retrival that may have been in them.
> | I just want Oracle to pretend they never existed.
> |
> | Thanks!
>
> drop tablespace ... including contents and datafiles;
>
> Or, if the file is empty:
> alter tablespace ... drop datafile ...;
>
> Regards
> Michel Cadot

Don't - not on 10G. Drop tavlespace, offline and drop datafile(s) The automagical job will keep on trying to collect stats on object in the dropped tablespace, because it will not have these entries removed from internal tables.
It's a bug (4707226)... Also, see:
http://vanbortel.blogspot.com/2006/09/space-advisor-ora-20000.html

--
Regards,