how to copy data from long to varchar2

From: Peter Keckeis <no_spam_peter.keckeis_at_11er.at>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 13:14:30 +0100

Hello all,

I would like a way to copy the data from l_txt to vc_txt with sql*plus.

create table test (pk char(6), vc_txt varchar2(2000), l_txt long, constraint testpk primary key(pk))

Using

update test set vc_txt = l_txt;
or
update test set vc_txt = to_char(l_txt);

generates an ORA-00932 error.

Can you tell me please the right update statement.

Thanks in advance.
Peter Received on Thu Nov 02 2006 - 06:14:30 CST