Oracle 10g Install Question

From: <amerar_at_iwc.net>
Date: 1 Nov 2006 07:56:56 -0800

Hi All,

I'm doing a silent install for Oracle 10g. So, I'm using a response file. I've been looking for some decent documentation on how to read the response file properly.

I'm using the sample one supplied by Oracle as my starting point. The file has a parameter that are required which I'm not sure how to fill in:

#Name : REMOTE_NODES
#Datatype : StringList
installation is carried out.
#Example: REMOTE_NODES =
REMOTE_NODES=<Value Required>

What doe sthat exactly mean? I am installing on the host I'm logged into, not onto any remote host. If the alue is required, should it be filled in with my current host name? Received on Wed Nov 01 2006 - 09:56:56 CST