Re: ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist

From: Mathijs <blabla_at_bla.hu>
Date: 01 Nov 2006 14:59:10 GMT

01 nov 2006, (HansF):

> A few common problems with XE installations:
>
> 1) If XE was installed by a Domain Administrator, XE may not install
> correctly. The actual problems vary depending on the Domain
> Administrator's real capabilities and range from complete failure
> (while appearing to install, based on the setup response) to 'crippled
> install with various problems'.

Crippled install with various problems, you say? Sounds exactly like my problem. :(

> These, and a lot more, are discussed in the Oracle Discussion Forum
> specific to XE. To access that, access the OTN discussion forums,
> sign in and look for the XE forum. If it does not show up, you need
> to register - search for 'register XE' in the Database-General forum
> for steps.

"Forum registration is possible only by downloading and installing Oracle Database XE. After installation, click on the "Registration" link from the Database homepage."

I can't access the database homepage... sigh... Received on Wed Nov 01 2006 - 08:59:10 CST