ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist

From: Mathijs <blabla_at_bla.hu>
Date: 01 Nov 2006 09:57:36 GMT

Hi,

I installed OracleExpress on a windows 2003 server. Right after the installation, I was able to create and use a database. Then, after the first reboot, the database didn't start automatically, but after

    	SQL> connect /
    	SQL> startup

things worked fine again. Now, after a third reboot, this trick doesn't work anymore:
    	SQL> connect /
    	ERROR:
    	ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
    	ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist

Q: How can I fix this? (there is already data in my database that I really would like to use) And that Oracle behaves differently after the second and the third reboot?

Thanks in advance for your help. Below is the result of a few obvious things that I checked before posting this message.

M.

I've checked the ORACLE_SID in the environment and it is set to XE.

>set

    	ORACLE_SID=XE

The listener is running:

STATUS of the LISTENER ------------------------ Alias LISTENER Version TNSLSNR for 32-bit W..: Ver.. 10.2.0.1.0 - Production Start Date 01-NOV-2006 10:29:36 Uptime 0 days 0 hr. 1 min. 22 sec Trace Level off Security ON: Local OS Authentication SNMP OFF Default Service XE and tnsping works:
>tnsping xe
... OK (30 msec)