How to generate alpha-numeric sequence in Oracle?

From: <kranilk_at_gmail.com>
Date: 31 Oct 2006 11:51:46 -0800

Hello All,

After searching the web unsuccessfully for what I am looking for, I have come here.
I need to generate a 6 digit alpha-numeric sequence of values that looks like the following.
00001A
00001B
:

00001Z
00002A
00002B
:

Do any of you know how to generate the above using sequence in Oracle? Any information and/or pointers will be very helpful to me. And, of course, any sample code would be greatly appreciated. I mainly work in Java. We are using Oracle 9i.

Thanks in advance for all the help. Received on Tue Oct 31 2006 - 13:51:46 CST