Outer Join Quandry

From: <drvice_at_nppd.com>
Date: 29 Oct 2006 20:26:49 -0800

I'm having an issue with an outer join query that I'm hoping someone can help me with. I have 3 tables; Emps, Quals, and an XRef table. I want to be able to see, for a given set of employees, what quals they have, and what quals they do not have. I want this to be returned to me in one SQL query.

I tried this:

select Emps.EmpName, Quals.QualName, XRef.QualDate from Emps, XRef, Quals where Emps.field1 = XRef.field1(+) and XRef.field2 = Quals.field2(+);

With this query, I only get records where the employee has the qual...

If I have 10 employees and 10 quals, I want 100 records returned...with the QualDate field blank for those employees who do not have the qualification.

Help! Received on Sun Oct 29 2006 - 22:26:49 CST