Re: Create Database Link

From: <andyho99_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Oct 2006 11:25:13 -0800

Yes, I believe this is the case. I could not find any remote database dfinitions in tnsnames.ora on *database server*. Maybe dba removed them on purpose. I used to can do this.

Another way to prove this is if I use sql*plus from my laptop, I can use connect command to connect other databases. My client tnsnames.ora has all database definitions. I cannot do this if use sql*plus from server.

Andrew.